Wednesday, April 11, 2012

N.Y.C.

I love being in New York. I feel right at home there. That's that. I keep thinking that maybe I should upgrade and spend some money on a camera so that when I go someplace that I can have some higher quality shots.... but for now I'll just stick to taking them with my phone... Here are some trip highlights:
WASHINGTON SQUARE PARK
It's possibly one of the greatest places in the world...
This time while I was there I learned that there are 
thousands of bodies in the ground below, because 
it used to be a grave yard!? WAAH?

 
Makes me wish I went to school at NYU.

Nuyorican Poets Cafe

   This was probably one of the BEST parts of my trip. You say "poetry cafe" and it sounds like a bunch of drama kooks wearing black turtlenecks with sunglasses, drinking late's, and snapping their fingers to the speratic beating of bongo's. But really.... THINK Jay-Z without all the killer beats. I couldn't get enough.

 He's amazing!
 

So passionate it makes you step back and THINK
Woah...


 This guy was Insanely good! Freestyle Friday.


CENTRAL PARK

 Weather = Perfection


              

EASTER SUNDAY 

 Love a good church hat.

 Brooklyn Tabernacle

 Hillsong:
VERY Christ-Centered VERY Empowering!
Pastor Karl Lentz
Just... WOW

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

BROOKLYN MUSEUM:
Judy Chicago's Dinner Party


I have been wanting to see this for a really long time! It is a significant tribute to women who have contributed to western culture and represents when acknowledging female contributions in history became important. For those of you who know Cheryl Hughes you will now she has a lot of insight and passion for this piece....  After hearing her lecture on it several times I made it a priority to see it this time i came to NYC. Seeing it in person is just something else.... It literally glows!  So awesome!
 To learn more see Cheryl's Esaay: 

Thanks for Viewing


Shout outs to:
Kaitlan Emery for letting me stay at your house. YAh Selfish!
Brigham Barnes for introducing me to Andy
Maddie Waters for texting me back. I have your print... 
Aubrey Potter Its been a long time coming.
Mahogany Browne You are funny.
Brian Enck I never saw you.
Clevland Harris You should come visit Utah.
Linnea Larsdotter Good luck with your roller skating.
Kinsani Wont forget your name. 


4 comments:

  1. Shhut up. Brady blogs??

    Come back to NY. One dinner with meatballs is not enough!

    YOU GOT THE PRINT??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I have it... Also... don't get too excited my previous post was 6 months ago. But now that i know I have a fan I'll start blogging more i guess.

      Delete
  2. Please blog all the time. I love this. I love Brady.

    ReplyDelete